My experience and training are in the areas of:
- Trauma (Emotional, Physical and Sexual)
- Coping with Illness and Loss
- Relationship Issues (Conflict, Infidelity, Separation, Divorce)
- Sexual Concerns (Erectile problems, Decreased Desire/Arousal, Pelvic Pain Disorders)
- Life Transitions (Pregnancy and Postpartum and Midlife Transitions)
- Body Image
- Stress Management
- Family-of Origin Issues
Reaching a crossroad in life can make us quite vulnerable. Making the decision to seek out therapy may be one of the steps that can help you move forward with confidence. My role as a therapist is to create and hold a safe space so that you can explore the issues before you. Research has shown that a strong therapeutic alliance between the client and therapist is the most effective component of therapy. It is through this trusting relationship that it is possible for you to let go, develop insight, adopt new ways of coping and make the changes in your life that you desire. To make this possible I draw from a variety of evidence-based therapeutic approaches.
Working with individuals, I utilized body-mind approaches that may include: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Mindfulness-Based Interventions and Energy Psychology.